- reviewing your medical and dental history;
- examining your teeth for decay, visually and with radiographs;
- examining your gum tissue;
- assessing your biting, chewing, and swallowing patterns;
- evaluating your dental readiness for procedures including cosmetic smile enhancements;
- reassessing your overall treatment.
- screening for oral cancer with clinical measurements, radiographs, and other assessment methods;
- applying fluoride and pit and fissure sealants;
- cleaning and scaling teeth to remove plaque, tartar, and surface stains.
- instruction about brushing and flossing;
- counseling about diet and its relationship to oral health;
- explaining dental treatment, periodontal therapy, and cosmetic procedures using a range of visual aids.
Our dental team is always happy to answer questions about your personalized plan of care which is imperative to your oral health. After all, proper home care including brushing, flossing, and healthy eating are a crucial part of preventive dentistry!